- Time & Location
- 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
- 1:00 to 2:00 pm
- 2:00 to 3:00 pm
- 3:00 to 4:00 pm
- 4:00 to 6:00 pm
- Poster session
- Panel Discussion: Ethics of the use of HeLa cells in research
- Workshop 1: Clear communications for connecting your research outside of the academy
- Workshop 2: Initial data analysis in R
- Networking event
- Posters will be presented by graduate and undergraduate students. Awards for best poster. Refreshments will be provided.
- Panel members will discuss the ethics concerning the use of HeLa cells in biological research. Presenters from multiple viewpoints will be speaking.
- Presenters from the Knowledge Mobilization Network will help graduate students develop their networking skills and give advice on making the transition from academia into industry.
- Dr. Tarmo Remmel will be instructing students on the use of R for conducting basic statistics.
- Students will get the opportunity to expand their network meeting representatives from academia, industry, and government to help with future career prospects.